» Main page » Home Insurance

Home Insurance

Home Insurance Quotes

Why get home buildings and contents insurance

Your home is the most valuable thing you will ever own and needs to be insured incase of an accident or damage. There are many things that can happen to your home and because of this it is essential to make sure that it is properly insured against any potential disaster such as burglary, fire, flood, subsidence and accidental damage.

Home insurance comes in two types which can be purchased either separately or as a package. Many online insurers will offers a discount if you purchase both buildings and home contents cover from the same insurer.

Contents Insurance
Home contents insurance protects your personal belongings and possessions in your home and covers the cost of replacing items such as furniture, carpets and electrical equipment such as TVs, fridges, cookers etc. It is very important when buying your contents insurance to know how much your possessions in your home are worth if they needed to be replaced, it is also a good idea to let your insurer know about any expensive individual items in your home as you may need separate cover for more valuable items such as antiques or jewellery (including watches).

Typical things to look for with your contents insurance

  • Unlimited home contents insurance
  • Option to pay monthly or annually
  • Key recovery service
  • New for old replacement for items in the home
  • Contents in the garden
  • 24 hour home emergency and legal advice line
  • Cover for loss or damage to contents in your home caused by water escaping from washing machines, dishwashers and water installations
  • Cover for loss or damage to contents in your home caused by subsidence on the land on which your home stands
Buildings Insurance
Buildings insurance insures the actual bricks and mortar of your home and any permanent fixtures such as fitted kitchens, bathrooms and carpets. It is vital that you have this insurance especially if you have a mortgage as it will be part of your contract with the mortgage company.

When buying buildings insurance make sure you home is insured for its true value if it need to be re-built.

Typical things to look for with your buildings insurance
  • Unlimited Building Insurance- the sum insured on your home is unlimited, so you're automatically covered for the full cost of rebuilding
  • Cover for storm and flood damage
  • Cover for subsidence and/or heave of the land on which your building stands
  • Architects, surveyors, consultants and legal fees following damage
  • Damage to plumbing by frozen or burst pipes
  • Cost of alternative accommodation
  • 24 hour home emergency and legal advice helpline

Copyright © 2017 InsuranceGuideUK.co.uk, all rights reserved
Design By Alex Newman | LED Light Bulbs
Updated On 19 November 2017